Just a heads up: Though I love fashion and clothes and outfits and “lewks,” you probably won’t see a “what I wore” post from me any time soon. Know why? Because what I wore is jeggings, a Target tank top and a grandpa cardigan. Oh, except for last Saturday. That was when I was planning to spend the day outside in the sun, but realized that none of my shorts fit, so I threw a hissy fit until Brad let me cut up a pair of his jeans. He didn’t have a choice – his pants were the only ones left in the house that fit me, and I certainly couldn’t go out pantsless. Not before having a few cocktails, anyway.
No, I am not knocked up. Pick up your jaw from the floor. I’m just enjoying some post-wedding weight gain. All jokes aside, it is not cool. I love my clothes, and I can’t wear any of them. Not even my “fat jeans.” But it’s totally my fault – I spent three months eating everything in sight and barely working out, and that’s what happens. Time for me to face the consequences, and then, time for me to get my ass in gear.
I’ve got a (sort of) foolproof plan to drop the extra pounds, but until that happens, no fun clothes for me. All I can do is look … and sigh … and eat some Twizzlers … and sigh some more.
Here’s my “wish I was comfortable in my own skin” wish list.
- Topshop Taupe Asymmetrical Jacket (To be paired with something dark and edgy, like #4.)
- Topshop Self Tie Silk Shorts (To be worn with tights, ankle boots and a leather jacket.)
- Robert Rodriguez Silk Sequin Panel Dress (To be worn in my dreams, in which I am very, very rich.)
- J Brand 901 Waxed Legging Jeans (To be worn with EVERYTHING.)
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Babylon Stripe Sweater (To be worn with jeggings, if they survive being stretched out within an inch of their life.)
- Rebecca Taylor Faux Fur Bomber (To be worn for a maximum of two months, the only amount of time in which it’s cold enough to require faux fur in Atlanta.)